Sunday, May 1, 2011

Testimonial from Our Own Sherpa Don

I was a little overwhelmed, at first, to go on a trip to Las Vegas. “Sin City” isn't exactly the cheapest place to travel—especially if you don't know where to eat or stay. Nevertheless, I put my total trust in the Guru, and tagged along into uncharted waters.

My allotment of spending money wasn't much; actually it was just enough to hopefully eat modestly, buy a few small trinkets as souvenirs for my co-workers, and dabble in some gambling. Hope for the best, expect the worse (my motto not only in travel, but life in general).

In the end, I was astonished at how the Guru's Vegas tips aided me in successfully subsisting on my meager budget! Though I didn't win much gambling, I won enough to keep me afloat, and got all my drinks for free. This meant even more money for me to use on tasty, economical food on the Strip (yes, all of our meals were eaten on the Strip); and for better souvenirs to acquire for my friends back home.

When all was said and done, I spent a mere 150 US$ on all food and other necessities while in Vegas, even though my expected expenditure was far, far higher! Couple that with the unbelievably cheap airfare and accommodations that the Guru found (and a free Cirque du Soleil show to boot), a trip that should've totaled well over 1,000 US$ only cost me 550 US$.

‘Wow!’ is all I can say to that.

Sherpa Don, as you know, tags along with the Well-Travelled Guru; and he resides in Saint Paul, MN, United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment