Sunday, May 8, 2011

Testimonial from Eve Smith

As a Senior Instructor at the University of Macau, and someone who occasionally does consulting work for the U.S. State Department, my schedule keeps me too busy to properly attend to the details of researching accommodations and other travel deals. However, as I am not a trust fund baby, and budgets are tightening everywhere, I've been having to look harder for deals.

I recently booked a trip to the Ukraine, requiring a one night stop-over in Paris. Imagine my surprise when I realized that the BUDGET accommodations in Paris were running around 200 EUR per night! For a week, maybe; but a night?! After a moment of barely contained panic, I consulted “the well-travelled guru” to find an amount that would fit into the per diem with which I was working.

Lorna Rockey assured me she could work within my budget. I was utterly astonished when she found me a place commensurate to the standards I have come to expect in a hotel, informed me it was in a great area for cafés and sight-seeing, and would only cost me a little over 50 EUR per night.

Thank you Lorna! I will definitely be consulting the Guru with future travel plans. :)

Eve Smith, as she mentioned, is a senior instructor at the University of Macau.

No comments:

Post a Comment